Saturday, April 13, 2019

Jenna Warren's Blogs: Blogs In An Actual Blog Format




This week we were partnered up and given the task to reflect on someone else’s blogs. So first I want to start out by apologizing profusely. I know my blogs are long, they are really long, but I stop myself; the English-nerd inside of me can’t help but writing an essay every time. So I’m very sorry, Jenna, and I hope that reading my blogs wasn’t too annoying.




That being said, the conciseness of Jenna’s blogs is something I really appreciated, and I hope to strive for with my own blogs in the future. In the three blogs I read of hers, she was able to analyze fully in fewer words, making her blogs easier and more fun to read. Unlike mine, her blogs felt written truly in a blog style - a few short paragraphs interspersed with beautiful, colorful, and eye-catching images. I also enjoyed the insights she came up with - they felt fresh and original, and her titles were amazing - so clever!


Her sixth blog on Cinderella providing an in-depth analysis. I thought it was artful the way she alluded to outside sources such as Gatsby and Pygmalion in order to help prove her points. She analyzed in a liberal way, criticizing the Disney version for making its hero passive and lazy. There were some feminist undertones, and I agreed with what she wrote about, cautioning against wealth without work. It was very well done. The seventh blog had a similar feminist undertone, as well as the best and most unique title, “One Beard, Two Beard, Blackbeard, Bluebeard.” I enjoyed reading about why “Bluebeard’s Egg” was her favorite, and I agreed that that tale by Margaret Atwood is nuanced and had interesting metaphors, especially the egg in comparison to Ed. Her eighth blog discussed the importance of three different tricksters in tales, explaining how children heroes teach children the importance of leaving home. Overall, her blogs were informative, concise, and filled with colorful pictures. My only major suggestion would be to make sure the formatting stays consistent throughout, but I enjoyed reading her entries and wish that mine could be as too-the-point and easy to read as hers in the future. I'd recommend any other member of the class to read them; they are great!

All of her blog entries are similarly beautiful and colorful! :) 

       














1 comment:

  1. All the photos are from google images (except the last, which is a screen shot from Jenna's Blog) and there specific links are as follows:

    -Sorry Image: https://www.lookhuman.com/design/346227-i-m-sorry-i-m-just-a-potato/greetingcard

    -Color-wheel Image: https://www.hgtv.com/design/decorating/design-101/color-wheel-primer

    -Feminism Image: http://theconversation.com/why-feminism-still-matters-to-young-people-91299

    Link to Jenna's Blog if you want to read it (it's also where the screenshot image is from): https://jennafolkandfairytales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete